Thursday, October 18, 2007

10-17-07 Day 7 of G.U.N.

As Salaamu alaykum,
I've decided to post my final update on my final full day here in LA filming G.U.N. We arrived @ Mahdi's job w/ intentions of filming the final 2 scenes. I was informed that a brother named Salih would take part in the film, therefore we would have to wait til 8:30pm to shoot these last 2 scenes. Cool! I convinced Mahdi to have an unscripted debate about what we had debated several times previously. I spent the bulk of my day "loosely" editing this debate for viewing. I didn't get much of anything else done. After leaving Mahdi's job we returned to the apt. to wait for Salih. Shortly after I was informed that Salih couldn't make it. We subsequently shot the closing scenes with a whole different caste. Alhamdulillah it's over. I had to make a closing statement in this film because the director ordered me to. Lol! Ice Cream & Cookie sandwiches for all afterwards.
Day & trip summary:
The area these brothers are in is in no way condusive to living Islamically. Grown men with no life focus or plan living amongst unruley & wild college students. Whole groups of Muslims engaging in open immorality & drunkiness & NOT ONE is a voice of reason or dhikr. Brothers leaving "strickter" salafi communities to let loose & hoot & hollar @ half-naked drunk white girls. Brothers adopting the "lessor of 2 evils" philosophy in order to justify dating & many other evils. Some whom I initially began greeting, I felt no need to continue greeting. You pray Fajr while others look @ you silly... Na'oodhubillah min dhalik!
I greatly miss hearing my youngest son call to me "daddy, come here" when he awakens each morning. I pray Allah (swt) that is not lost... I greatly miss my other beautiful kids & lovely sweet wife Ricole. Lastly I regret missing that Dallas Cowboy & New England Patriots Monday night game. Lol! Make du'ah I return safe.
Was Salaamu alaykum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frustration abound! See some things never change. Dooped you feel. Seems that "movie" is going to be a bunch of nothing. Thats not your falt though.

NemesysN4R

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

There is nothing wrong with drunk half naked white girls unless you are a closeted muslim homosexual who is more interested in young boys, much like mohammad was.