Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10-15-07 Day 5 of G.U.N.

As Salaamu alaykum,
Chatted w/ online friends from U.K. to Morocco... haven't really spoken w/ them in days. Mahdi left for work but I neglected to go. Hung out w/ Khalil & Yahya... had late breakfast @ IHop... prayed Dhuhr @ Masjid Fahad... dropped of Khalil... went for Yahya's oil change... Yahya & I walked & talked about the Islamic concepts on many issues as well as G.U.N. I learned that Yahya was away for a friend's mom's Janazah was supposed to play a major role in G.U.N. I also learned that there was initial enthusiasm that had subsequently died. The culprit was a lack of organization of resources & people. UCLA has abundant resources but, as of yet, none have been utilized. THE MEASURE OF A LEADER IS IN HIS ABILITY TO UTILIZE HIS SOLDIERS.
We picked up Khalil once more then went to the mall to exchange Yahya's hat & capped it off sitting in a massage chair. Stopped @ Diddy Reese to get a famous cookie ice cream sandwich. Arrived back @ the apt. found Mahdi updating the G.U.N. blog.
Day summary:
Tomorrow, after 8pm looks more promising. Another character is supposed to take part in G.U.N. along w/ Yahya & maybe Khalil. I now have hopes that this film may look slightly better than me following Mahdi w/ an expensive camera. On the darker side, I don't see it appearing as "movie-ish" unless better filler scenes are shot to add "flava" to what could be "plain rice".
P.S.
For those who wonder why I haven't taken over this project yet... EVER HEAR OF TOUGH LOVE"??? Just call me
"Da camra mann"

No comments: