Monday, October 15, 2007

10-12-07 Day two of G.U.N.

As Salaamu alaykum wa Eid Mubarak! Today is officially Eid & as is often, many American Muslim "leaders" got is wrong & chose to seperate from the Ummah as "Americans" Scene: Yawmul Qiyamah.. "Yaa Allah, but we were Americans". BLAH!
Anyways... As I was making Takbir Ihram I noticed a Budha statue on a table to my left. I inquired about the "owner". All denied & had a heartly laugh. Now I'm p*ssed. I didn't appreciate to shirk for one, & the residual laughter didn't help any. Now "Mr. Budha" is outside in the dirt. Breakfast at McDonalds (to show my love for israel... NOT!) Asked for no meat, got bacon (Yummy... NOT!). Again received a "side-ways, right-on, fist pump" from some dude who followed it up with an "As Salaamu alaykum". Attempted a 1:15 pm Jumu'ah @ Masjid Ar-Rasheed in Compton that was closed due to Eid. Allahu Akbar! Mahdi works from 10 am to 7 pm with not much filming opportunities in between.
Keep in mind this is NOT a DawahWorks collab or produced or direct film...
Shot some filler scenes on Mahdi's lunch break. Attempted 1st G.U.N. take of an ad hoc conversation between Mahdi & I from a tri-pod. Didn't go so well due to no script & no segway to the main subject matter. I didn't enjoy an actual Eid. I was enformed toward the end of the day that Saturday's shoot was cancelled. Saturday is one of 2 crucial days. Once I'm gone, I'm gone. Camera & all. Holla!
Day summary:
Starting to look as if it is ONLY Mahdi & I in this film. No one to even hold the camera. Not sure if all I was told was on the up & up. Missing family like crazy. Wife says I'm on punishment when I return home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your trip. I would of thought things would of been prepared. How dissapointing.