Monday, October 15, 2007

10-14-07 Day four of G.U.N.

As Salaamu alaykum,
Have yet to meet co-producer Khalil. Had early lunch w/ Mahdi & a Turkish brother. I decided to film there conversation which may be subsequently "ADDED" to the G.U.N. film. Went to Bel Air camera & Video to purchase an extended battery for my camcorder since I was scammed thru Ebay in regards to a 4 hour battery & package deal. Planned to film a scene for G.U.N. @ Mahdi's apts. walking down some stairs talking. Ended up filming the scene @ UCLA. Went quite well besides there was only one take. But hey! I ain't the director or producer nor part of the 24p HDV post production . Because there is no enthusiasm or help w/ G.U.N. the scene was basically me following Mahdi, while holding a camera & talking. If only camera phones shot 24p HDV, I would be back in San Antonio harassing jews & uncovered sisters... Lol!
Finally I met Khalil... he's admittedly not co-producing G.U.N. He says he offered professional advice that was overlooked so he decided to "bounce"... understood. Nite scenes are planned... No night scenes shot. Possible dawah w/ Khalil @ UCLA tomorrow, Insha Allah.
Day summary:
No actually directing is happening. I'm no pro director but I have vision that I translate into video. Need I say I feel I have wasted my time & money. No enthusiasm no help... My wife & kids are the best. I cannot wait to return to my family. Bi-Idh-Nillah

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly I thought some good would come of this & there would be productivity on the GUN side, but it appears as though there is nada. Inshallah you will arrive home safely & I am sure your wife and kids miss you. Hey, you tried.

Anonymous said...

i think the idea of keeping a daily blog on a movie set is pretty cool and makes this blog something you want to check everyday.

as far as the film you guys are doing, it sounds like you guys are kinda of winging it which may be the reason. true is a quick way of doing something but if you want to give it a professional look, its actually doing the exact opposite. maybe you should scrap the idea and work on something else while you are in la? you can beat a dead horse over and over again but at th end its a dead horse.

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone else involved in this other than you and Mahdi? What happened to the guy who was in Rush Hour, or that Muslim rapper, or any of the other people that where said to be a part of it?

If the co-producer bailed, then that is a bad sign.

Try to make the best of your time while you are in LA. Remember everything happens for a reason.

When you think about it, having a super high tech digital camera doesn't matter when you don't have a developed script, a budget, or even a schedule. How can you direct a movie when you got to work until 7pm? I realize that everyone has to work, but...

But whatever, alhamdulillah. You gave it a go.

MASJID LUQMAN said...

Previous knowledge told me DON'T DO IT! The fact that "I heard" many others were taking part in the production of this film was the added push. Those people exist still but were not utilized. If you followed closely... for months several sundry semi-pro characters have been touted... none have manifested (to me).

Anonymous said...

"If only camera phones shot 24p HDV, I would be back in San Antonio harassing jews & uncovered sisters"

Coming to this site, I expected to see a positive contribution to the spread of Islam. However, I was sadly mistaken. With a website dedicated to Dawah, do you really think this is an appropriate comment? Please think about promoting positive behaviour rather than looking down on others. No one has the right to judge others- only Allah can judge us.

MASJID LUQMAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MASJID LUQMAN said...

I can see you haven't followed past events concerning DW. "Only Allah can judge" is a saying of Shaykh Tupac not Muhammad (saw). As Muslims we are ordered to judge (by what Allah (awj) has revealed). I use to hear this a lot in the baptist christian church I was raised in.